Raise your hand if you’re a sucker for good quotes. Yea, me too! Maybe it’s the way a sentence or two can strengthen our backbones and motivate us to live better lives. Or give us the courage to chase after dreams that are seemingly impossible. Sometimes we just need that little bit of extra confidence to follow our hearts.
Because I’m an inspiration junkie, I have countless journals filled with my favorite quotes. Not surprisingly, many are travel related. And after reading them, I always want to immediately buy a plane ticket and chase the horizon. Here are fifteen of my favorites that inspire my own wanderlust.
My Favorite Inspirational Travel Quotes-
1. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
2. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” – Cloud Atlas
3. “May you live every day of your life.” – Jonathan Swift
4. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
5. “Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
6. “Traveling. It leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
7. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
8. “The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” – Shirley MacLaine
9. “Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life.” – Robin S. Sharma
10. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
11. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous
12. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
13. “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” – Lawrence Block
14. “Oh, the places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
15. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – JRR Tolkien
Of course, there are many more. What are some of your favorites? Are there any that truly inspired you to achieve your dreams? Because in order to start checking off places on your bucket list, you need to get motivated. As ‘The Human Comedy’ states, “you only live once.” What are you living for?
Some of my favorite inspirational travel quote products: